The majority of Walthamstow Hall Senior School students proceed directly into the Walthamstow Hall Sixth Form. The foundations for Sixth Form life are laid in Years 10 and 11 with sample lessons, taster days, study skills development and personalised discussion of A Level subject choices.
Year 12 is also an established entry point for new students and every year we are pleased to welcome new girls join from a variety of other independent and maintained schools.
Offers to prospective Sixth Form students are made on the basis of the outcome of an interview with the Headmistress, the Head’s report from the student’s existing school and predicted GCSE grades. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship sit entrance papers in the November preceding the September of entry.
Both existing Walthamstow Hall students and prospective new students are invited to apply for Sixth Form scholarships and awards.
Key Dates for Year 12 Scholarships and New Student Entry in September 2022
Sixth Form scholarships are assessed in the Autumn term when students are in Year 11. Applications for non scholarship Sixth Form places can be received throughout the year and conditional offers are made based on GCSE grades.
Due to the uncertainty imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic, all dates are subject to change.
- Open Morning Thursday 10 March 2022
- Onsite tours of the School site Monday 27 September – Friday 15 October 2021
- Closing date for registering interest in a scholarship application, Monday 18 October 2021*
- Sixth Form Information Event, followed by Specialist Applications Evening 1 (Oxford & Cambridge, American universities and Medicine), Tuesday 9 November 2021
- Music scholarship audition, Wednesday 10 November 2021
- Sixth Form Information Event, followed by Specialist Applications Evening 2 (Architecture and Creative courses and Higher Level Apprenticeships), Wednesday 10 November 2021
- Sport scholarship assessments Friday 12 November 2021
- Academic scholarship examination, Saturday 13 November 2021
- Art scholarship assessment, Monday 15 November 2021
- 3DD scholarship portfolio review, Tuesday 16 November 2021
- Art scholarship portfolio review, Tuesday 16 November 2021
- 3DD scholarship portfolio interviews, Wednesday 17 November 2021
- Art scholarship interviews, Wednesday 17 November 2021
- Sport scholarship interviews, Wednesday 17 November 2021
- Academic scholarship interviews Friday 19 November 2021
- Drama scholarship auditions, Thursday 2 December 2021
- Offer letters dispatched, by the end of the Autumn term 2021
* extended deadline due to changes for the September Open Event and the introduction of School Tours
For further information please contact the Registrar, Mrs Knight, on 01732 468703, email@example.com
- Prospective parents who are interested in Walthamstow Hall should Request a Prospectus
- Before applying to the School for admission parents are invited to read the School Prospectus and the Admissions Policy outlined in the accompanying Further Information Booklet which sets out the School’s intentions and procedures regarding admission.
- Applications for Sixth Form entry must be received on the School’s Registration Form, which is also included in the Prospectus Pack.
- A Head’s report and predicted GCSE grades are requested from the student’s current school.
- The prospective student will have an interview with the Headmistress.
- A waiting list of pupils not offered places outright because of over subscription is established.
Late applications will be dealt with on receipt depending on availability of places.
Selection will be made by the Headmistress, assisted by such appropriate senior staff as she wishes. Applications can be made for each year group where there are places available.
Places will be offered to girls who demonstrate their academic potential and the likelihood that they will benefit from the ethos of the School, and the broad and challenging education provided by the School.
The selection will be based on:
- a Head’s report from previous schools, including assessment data e.g. predicted GCSE grades
- an interview with appropriate staff at the School
- the parents’ expressed preference in choice of schools where they have applied to more than one school, should there be more applicants for places than there are available. In this instance, Walthamstow Hall may take into account whether it is the first choice of school.
Selection Criteria in an oversubscribed year
Where all things are equal the following criteria will be used:
- a daughter of a missionary
- a sibling whose sister is in the School at the date of the application
- in the event of a tie-breaker proving necessary, the School will, as a last resort, take into account the proximity of home to School
- parents’ expressed preference in choice of school where they have applied to more than one school.
Appeals and Complaints
The Headmistress’s decision is final, but if a parent has a concern about the admission process, the complaint should be discussed first of all with the Headmistress, and if there is no satisfactory outcome, a complaint can be made to the Governing Body. The complaint should be put in writing to the Clerk to the Governing Body. A committee of the Governing Body will consider the complaint and make a ruling.