Offers to prospective Sixth Form students are made on the basis of the outcome of an interview with the Headmistress, the Head’s report from the student’s existing school and predicted GCSE grades. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship sit entrance papers in the November preceding the September of entry.
Key dates for Year 12 Entry in September 2020
- Open Morning, Saturday 28th September 2019, 09.50am – 12.15pm
- Sixth Form Information Evening, Thursday 3rd October 2019, 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Closing date for scholarship applications, Monday 7th October 2019, by 5.00pm
- Scholarship interviews, November 2019 (date tbc, interviews take place during the week)
- Scholarship examinations, Saturday 16th November 2019, 08.30am – 3.30pm
- Offer letters to external prospective Sixth Formers dispatched, before the end of the Autumn term 2019
For further information please contact the Registrar, Mrs Knight, on 01732 468703, email@example.com
- Parents who are interested in Walthamstow Hall should request a prospectus pack Request a Prospectus
- Before applying to the school for admission parents are invited to read the School Prospectus and the Admissions Policy outlined in the accompanying Information Booklet which sets out the School’s intentions and procedures regarding admission.
- Applications for Sixth Form entry must be received on the school’s ‘Application for Admission‘ form, which is also included in the Prospectus Pack. When the form is returned it should be accompanied by a registration fee of £100.
- A Head’s report and predicted GCSE grades are requested from the student’s current school.
- The prospective student will have an interview with the Headmistress.
- A waiting list of pupils not offered places outright because of over subscription is established.
Late applications will be dealt with on receipt depending on availability of places.
Selection will be made by the Headmistress, assisted by such appropriate senior staff as she wishes. Applications can be made for each year group where there are places available.
Places will be offered to girls who demonstrate their academic potential and the likelihood that they will benefit from the ethos of the school, and the broad and challenging education provided by the school.
The selection will be based on:
- a Head’s report from previous schools, including assessment data e.g. predicted GCSE grades
- an interview with appropriate staff at the school
- the parents’ expressed preference in choice of schools where they have applied to more than one school, should there be more applicants for places than there are available. In this instance, Walthamstow Hall may take into account whether it is the first choice of school.
Selection Criteria in an oversubscribed year
Where all things are equal the following criteria will be used:
- a daughter of a missionary
- a sibling whose sister is in the school at the date of the application
- in the event of a tie-breaker proving necessary, the school will, as a last resort, take into account the proximity of home to school
- parents’ expressed preference in choice of school where they have applied to more than one school.
Appeals and Complaints
The Headmistress’s decision is final, but if a parent has a concern about the admission process, the complaint should be discussed first of all with the Headmistress, and if there is no satisfactory outcome, a complaint can be made to the Governing Body. The complaint should be put in writing to the Clerk to the Governing Body. A committee of the Governing Body will consider the complaint and make a ruling.