Before Making an Application
Before applying for a place for their child parents are invited to read the School’s prospectus pack, including a Further Information booklet and the School’s Admissions policy. To receive a prospectus pack click here.
After reviewing the School’s prospectus pack:
- Parents are invited to attend our next Open Day on Saturday 5 February 2022, please book your place here.
- Parents are also invited to book a tour of the Junior School by contacting the Registrar, Mrs Alex Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following their visit to the School parents can make an application on the School’s ‘Registration Form‘ (included in the prospectus pack). The registration fee for the Junior School is £100.
- Applications for admission are dealt with on receipt.
- A Head’s Report is requested from the current school.
- Decisions are posted to parents within one week of their child’s visit.
- Where places are over-subscribed for a particular year group, a waiting list is established.
Once an application form and registration fee have been submitted prospective pupils are invited to attend ‘taster sessions’ in the year group they will join.
In Early Years and Year 1 and 2 taster sessions are informal and based on age-appropriate activities.
From Year 3 upwards, the taster session can include more formal elements including assessment papers. This is particularly important for those pupils joining the School in Year 5 or 6 who wish to go on to sit entrance papers for Walthamstow Hall Senior School in Year 6.
In addition to the taster session a Head’s report is requested from the child’s current school.
Places will be offered to pupils who demonstrate their academic potential and the likelihood that they will benefit from the ethos of the School, and the broad and challenging education provided by the School. Selection is made by the appropriate senior staff.
The selection will be based on:
- a Head’s report from the pupil’s current school, including assessment data e.g. base-line test scores
- the results of the pupil’s visit
- the parents’ expressed preference in choice of schools, in the instance of oversubscription.
Decisions regarding the offer of a place are posted to parents within one week of their child attending their visit.
Selection Criteria in an oversubscribed year
Where all things are equal the following criteria will be used:
a) a daughter of a missionary;
b) a sibling whose sister is in the school at the date of the application;
c) in the event of a tie-breaker proving necessary, the school will, as a last resort, take into account the proximity of home to school.
Terms and Conditions
Appeals and Complaints
The Headmistress’s decision is final, but if a parent has a concern about the admission process, the complaint should be discussed first of all with the Headmistress, and if there is no satisfactory outcome, a complaint can be made to the Governing Body. The complaint should be put in writing to the Clerk of the Governing Body. A committee of the Governing Body will consider the complaint and make a ruling.