Philosophy & Approach
"Walthamstow Hall Junior School educates girls to achieve their full potential by offering them an exceptional range of opportunities.”
WALTHAMSTOW HALL IS A SCHOOL WHERE:
- all individuals are respected and their individuality valued
- pupils are encouraged to achieve and expectations are high
- consideration for others and self-discipline are promoted and good behaviour is the norm
- pupils learn both to lead and to serve and develop a sense of responsibility both within school and in the wider community
- rewards and sanctions are applied consistently and fairly
- pupils, staff, governors and parents work in partnership
We aim to provide a broad education, rich in opportunity, in a Christian setting that will foster confidence and prepare girls for challenging and fulfilling lives in the 21st Century.
OUR SCHOOL RULES:
- Always treat other people in the way that you would like to be treated.
- Always look after your property and make sure you have what is needed for each lesson.
- Always respect other people's property and treat it carefully and sensibly.
- Always respect school property and treat it with care.
- Always be polite and helpful to staff and visitors.
- Always stand when a visitor or Mrs Wood enters your classroom (unless you are advised not to do so).
- Always be punctual to lessons and activities.
- Always inform the teacher if you need to be late or to miss a lesson.
- Always use good table manners.
- Always think before you act.
- Always try to behave in such a way that your parents and teachers will be proud of you.
- Never bully or tease others.
- Never use bad language.
- Never do or say anything which you might later regret.
- Never behave in a way which may put yourself or other people in danger.
- Always do your best.