Offers to prospective Sixth Form students are made on the basis of the outcome of an interview with the Headmistress, the Head's report from the student’s existing school and predicted I/GCSE grades. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship sit entrance papers in the November preceeding the September of entry.
Key Dates for 2018 Sixth Form Entry
Please register now for Sixth Form entry in September 2018 and beyond.
- Sixth Form Information Evening for prospective Sixth Form students and their parents, Thursday 21st September 2017, 7.00 - 9.30pm
- Open Morning Saturday 23rd September 2017, 10.00am - 12noon
- The deadline for application with the £100 registration fee for September 2018 entry will be Friday 29th September 2017 for scholarship applicants, and 8th January 2018 for standard applicants.
- Scholarship interviews with the Headmistress, Friday 10th November 2017
- Scholarship examinations, Saturday 11th November 2017
For further information please contact the Registrar on 01732 468703, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents who are interested in Walthamstow Hall should request a prospectus pack by clicking on the 'Request a prospectus' link at the top of any page on this website or by contacting our Registrar directly, email@example.com, 01732 468703.
- Before applying to the school for admission parents are invited to read the School Prospectus and the Admissions Policy outlined in the accompanying Information Booklet which sets out the School's intentions and procedures regarding admission. The Admissions Policy can also be seen in the About, Policies section of this website.
- Applications for Sixth Form entry must be received on the school’s 'Application for Admission' form, which is included in the Prospectus Pack. When the form is returned it should be accompanied by a registration fee of £100.
- A Head's report and predicted I/GCSE grades are requested from the student's current school.
- The prospective student will have an interview with the Headmistress.
- A waiting list of pupils not offered places outright because of oversubscription is established.
Late applications will be dealt with on receipt depending on availability of places.
Selection will be made by the Headmistress, assisted by such appropriate senior staff as she wishes.
Applications can be made for each year group where there are places available.
Places will be offered to girls who demonstrate their academic potential and the likelihood that they will benefit from the ethos of the school, and the broad and challenging education provided by the school.
The selection will be based on:
- a Head’s report from previous schools, including assessment data e.g. predicted I/GCSE grades
- an interview with appropriate staff at the school
- the parents' expressed preference in choice of schools where they have applied to more than one school, should there be more applicants for places than places available. In this instance, Walthamstow Hall may take into account whether it is the first choice of school.
Selection Criteria in an oversubscribed year
Where all things are equal the following criteria will be used:
- a daughter of a missionary
- a sibling whose sister is in the school at the date of the application
- in the event of a tie-breaker proving necessary, the school will, as a last resort, take into account the proximity of home to school
- parents' expressed preference in choice of school where they have applied to more than one school.
Appeals and Complaints
The Headmistress's decision is final, but if a parent has a concern about the admission process, the complaint should be discussed first of all with the Headmistress, and if there is no satisfactory outcome, a complaint can be made to the Governing Body. The complaint should be put in writing to the Clerk to the Governing Body. A committee of the Governing Body will consider the complaint and make a ruling.