- Parents who are interested in Walthamstow Hall Junior School may request a prospectus pack by clicking on the 'Request a prospectus' link at the top of any page on this website or by contacting our Registrar, Mrs Knight. directly at email@example.com, 01732 468747.
- If parents like what they see they are invited to book a tour of the Junior School and a meeting with Head of the Junior School, Mrs Wood, again by contacting the Registrar, Mrs Knight.
- Parents can then make an application on the school' 'Application for Admission' form (included in the prospectus pack) and send it into school accompanied by the registration fee of £100.
- Applications for admission are dealt with on receipt.
- Girls are invited to attend 'taster sessions' in the year group they will join.
- A Head's Report is requested from the current school.
- Decisions are posted to parents within one week of the 'taster session'
- Where places are over-subscribed for a particular year group a waiting list is established.
- Before applying to the school for admission parents are invited to read the School Prospectus and the Admissions Policy outlined in the accompanying Information Booklet which sets out the School’s intentions and procedures regarding admission. The Admissions Policy can also be seen in the Policies section of this website
Click here to view our policies
- Selection will be made by the Headmistress, assisted by such appropriate senior staff as she wishes.
- There is no formal assessment in the Nursery where places will be offered on a 'first come, first served basis' after girls have attended a successful 'taster session'.
- From Year 1 girls are assessed using age-appropriate activities during their 'taster day'.
- From Year 3 girls take assessment papers during their 'taster day'
Places will be offered to girls who demonstrate their academic potential and the likelihood that they will benefit from the ethos of the school, and the broad and challenging education provided by the school.
The selection will be based on:
- A Head's report from any previous schools, including assessment data e.g. base-line test scores
- An interview with appropriate staff at the school
- The parents' expressed preference in choice of schools where they have applied to more than one school. Should there be more applicants for places than places available, Walthamstow Hall may take into account whether it is the first choice of school.
Selection Criteria in an oversubscribed year
Where all things are equal the following criteria will be used:
a) a daughter of a missionary;
b) a sibling whose sister is in the school at the date of the application;
c) in the event of a tie-breaker proving necessary, the school will, as a last resort, take into account the proximity of home to school;
Appeals and Complaints
The Headmistress’s decision is final, but if a parent has a concern about the admission process, the complaint should be discussed first of all with the Headmistress, and if there is no satisfactory outcome, a complaint can be made to the Governing Body. The complaint should be put in writing to the Clerk of the Governing Body. A committee of the Governing Body will consider the complaint and make a ruling.